Thursday, December 30, 2010

Dec. 28TH 2010

 Not much new has been happening. Weather has been great with an occasional hit of cooler weather. High 60's is still not hard to take. Thought I would throw in some pics of Dot. It's obvious that she is having a great time here.
Even mice are fun to point.

I wonder how Dot keeps getting catus quills in her?


We ran into this Irish guy. Gloria seems to think he looks a lot like me. I don't see it at all.



Larry Healy and I made an exploratory run into Progreso today. We did a recheck on booze prices as they change frequently. The more people crossing the border the higher the prices go. We also checked on a place that was always a real happening joint. Music, food, dancing, it was a fun place. The problem is that you have to go a long way into town and then go a block off of the main drag. Last year you couldn't get a seat in the place at around 11:00. We got there and there were only 9 people there. We had a quick beer and made a hasty retreat. We went to a new place for us that was right near the border crossing and had lunch. The food was OK but there is another place that is better. Larry was my mule for today and carried 2 bottles of Kahlua out for me as I was bringing the brandy out. Next trip I am his mule. We have 1 more restaurant to try that we have never been to. We did find 2 new places to go to not too far from the RV park. The first one was a restaurant owned by the same people that have the place in Progreso that we like. The food was very good. The other was the only bar in Weslaco that I have ever been in. There aren't a lot of those places here that we would go to.  It's called the Mustang Lounge and it's a pretty classey place with a full service bar and entertainment.  We saw a lot of people there from our park.  This place even has draft beer which Tom likes much better than bottled or canned beer.

No comments:

Post a Comment