Friday, January 7, 2011

Jan 7 2011

 Went fishing yesterday but I never had time to post the Blog. Today was another busy one so I haven't had any time until now. When Tim and I left at 5:45AM it was foggy as hell. It took us a lot longer to get to Port Mansfield (where the boat is docked) than we thought. We knew we had to make a turn by the water tower but we didn't see it until we were right next to it. It's a big tower. The fog lifted about 20 minutes later. It was about an hour and a half boat ride to the fishing spot. It was a little chilly early but it warmed up nicely and the seas were calm. There were 24 of us on the boat. We were fishing for Red Snapper. There is a 4 fish limit per person. There were a couple of women who weren't fishing and after I limited out I caught 2 more to help fill their limit. I've added some fishing photo's.
I spent my time fishing and not taking photos of other people fishing except this one.
Our Catch weighed in at about 40 lbs.



Cleaning the fish.


We made up a big bag of fish to have a fish fry in Arizona when we meet up with the rest of the group. We will be meeting up with two other couples and possibly a third. I have another ticket to go on the same    boat. Some time before we leave I will be going to Padre Island with Rob Renner to try some surf fishing. We went out to dinner tonight with Rob & Sharon, Tim & Nancy and Larry & Carol. When I get the photos that Sharon took and I will post them. 

1 comment:

  1. Wish we were around to eat some of that red snapper!

    ReplyDelete